A Field Service Technician is a key member of the Customer Support Department and is primarily responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Lathe, Milling and Multi-Functional Machining Centers. We are seeking customer focused professionals who have a positive attitude, a high aptitude for learning and great Customer service skills. This opportunity is an above average platform for technical advancement and compensation growth.
- Independence - People
- Responsibility - Advancement
- Work variation - Problem solving
- Technology - Travel
Technical Skills Soft Skills
- Electronic - Safety
- Mechanics - Customer Relations
- Software - Communication
- Metrology - Organization & Self-Management
The CNC Field Service Technician must have or be willing to learn through training on the job and classroom an understanding of mechanical drawings, electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic schematics, PLC ladder diagrams and testing equipment required to effectively diagnose and resolve issues with electrical/mechanical components, as well as electro-mechanical and machine control systems.
- Daily travel from home to Customer facilities with occasional overnight hotel stays required when servicing remote Customer locations within the designated coverage territory or when participating in remote training programs.
- Demonstrating a willingness to help others and be a team member
- Install, commission, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair CNC equipment and accessory CNC equipment at customer facilities. Service calls also include operator training, networking between systems, software applications, preventive maintenance, major assembly replacements and alignments, overhauls/refurbishments, upgrades/retrofits, and uninstallation services.
- Provide a direct communication link between the Customer and the Service Group of the Robert E. Morris Company.
- Provide voice of Customer input.
- Through service and Customer relationships, build brand loyalty.
- Conduct travel and work in a safe manner, constantly learning new technology and soft skills.
- Utilize machine tool manuals, technical documents, as well as internal and external subject matter experts to effectively diagnose and resolve CNC equipment issues.
- Effectively understand and utilize the Salesforce Lightning Customer Support computer system.
- Competent verbal and written communication and Customer relation skills.
- Able to interact and effectively communicate in person and over the phone with customer and co-workers.
- Present a professional image.
- Must be adaptable to changes and able to deal with change, delays, or general work-related issues.
- Basic computer literacy and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have, and/or be willing/capable of being trained to develop, electro-mechanical skills (motors, drives, transformers etc.).
- Knowledge of machine tool manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance & repair and/or a broad shop background – is a plus.
- Basic mechanical and logical troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Rational decision making and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience – one or more of the below
- Experience as a co-op, internship or full/part time job in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience with industrial equipment repair.
- Relevant Knowledge of a specialized field such as machine tool manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance & repair and/or a broad shop background equivalent to a complete, accredited apprenticeship training.
- Two (2) year technical degree (Electrical/Mechanical/Electro-Mechanical/Automation) and/or 1 year of experience in a related field.
- Exposure to manufacturing/machining environments which may present possible hazards such as noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated or manual machinery. General office and training environment experienced at the Robert E. Morris Company.
- Frequent: operating a vehicle, sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, and reaching. Pushing, pulling, turning, and lifting objects. Repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements.
- Periodic: Operating power/test equipment, manual tools, sitting at a desk, utilizing computers and phones
- Occasional: Lifting or moving 50lbs.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
- Valid US/State Driver’s License & U.S. Citizen or Unrestricted Authorization to Work in the U.S.
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.